Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekly Words 1-31-10 Spiritual Sundays

I didn't know whether to focus on joy or love this week.  Since the sermon at church focused on this verses today, I decided that would be my week's verse as well.

I was so tickled when my daughter shared that she went to church today!  My heart is overflowing with joy.  I have been praying for more of Christ's influence in their busy lives.  It tickles me pink to know that she will continue to grow in her relationship with Christ.  Her husband may be dragged along for now, but he is a good man and I know his big heart will only grow with more God in his life.

1Co 13:13  And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

It's an easy verse to spend time on.  I will try to find ways to express faith, hope, and love.  Maybe by doing what pastor suggested this morning that I substitute my name for the word love in the earlier verses.

1Co 13:4  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1Co 13:5  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
1Co 13:6  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Then becomes:

Deb is patient, Deb is kind. She does not envy, she does not boast, she is not proud.  Deb is not rude, she is not self-seeking, she is not easily angered, she keeps no record of wrongs.  Deb does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  Deb always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Lofty goals to make that truth!  Especially when the "patient" word is the first description.  I will spend time praying on this, for sure!

As always, the graphic is a printable 3"x5" image.

 To find more Christian messages and inspiration, visit the host of this meme, Spiritual Sundays.

5 comments:

whidbeywoman said...

This was the scripture at our church service today, too. I love it. We had it as part of our wedding nearly 27 years ago.
It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit.. not ours alone... that we can live by these words.

Musings of A Minister said...

Great post. Thanks for posting.

Charlotte said...

I like the way you made the scripture personal. I'm glad your daughter went to church today. I am so happy that both of our children go to church every Sunday. We meet our daughter at the church we go to each Sunday and sit with her. Many Sundays, like today, we go to lunch together. It is a real blessing.
Charlotte

Nikki (Sarah) said...

good post...Sarah

Denise said...

Precious post.