Sunday, November 22, 2009

11/22/09 Weekly Words


Thanksgiving week!  I am excited.  My daughter and husband are hosting the holiday.  Should be lots of fun.  It is their first Thanksgiving together.  As always, if you click on the vs, it is a very printable 3"x5" size.  Resize it or re-use it as you wish.

One more thanksgiving verse for this weeks memory and meditation.

(Php 4:6)  Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in everything, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


I really like this verse.  Do not be anxious about anything!!  Wow, if I could only keep in mind this truth, I could spare myself hours of worry.  I am becoming more seasoned at giving it to God, but worry is one of my follies sometimes.

The verse reminds us to take everything to God, but notice the "with thanksgiving."  Before asking God for something, we should express thanks for the gifts already recieved, especially His saving grace.

This weeks challenge:

1. Memorize and meditate on the verse
2. Before your prayers each evening, once again list 5 things you are thankful for.

No comments: