Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



I do love to cook, but I do like a week that affords me the opportunity for little cooking and going out as well. This week I only need to plan a few meals for myself with 'planned-overs' for Leo on evenings I will be with friends.


Thursday, I am making meatloaf. The thing I like about meatloaf is once you get used to making it, you can start substituting ingredients for different tastes. I have included a link to a basic recipe, but mine will probably be much different as I plan on adding shredded squash as part of meat, oatmeal instead of bread crumbs, dried onion and green peppers, and a bit of hot pepper sauce.


I am still waiting to hear from the cardiologist, so I am still relying on the kindness of friends and loved ones to get around.




Monday


Once again it's Wedding Chicken (I think this is the last of it!)


Instant Potatoes


Corn


Spinach salad


Tuesday


I'm scheduled to help at the Thrivent Financial Open House. Meal is included, so Leo can take me, get his meal, and pick me up.


Wednesday


Scheduled to go the zoo with developmentally disabled church group (pass due to health issues) or assist with making and serving our senior lunch at church. Since I've opted for the luncheon, there will be leftovers or frozen pizza for supper.


Thursday


Meatloaf (making 2 so that Leo has some to take to work on Sunday)


Baked potatoes or steak fries


Spinach salad


Friday


Salmon burgers (pre-made) w wheat buns


Coleslaw


Melon


Saturday


Step-Niece's wedding meal


Sunday


Out with friend to a play and dinner.


Leo will have meatloaf sandwiches



No comments: